Author Topic: Clearing Command History  (Read 4287 times)

D_Ahern

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Clearing Command History
« on: February 26, 2009, 06:07:16 PM »
I have been searching for information on how to clear the command history. No success yet.

For example, I hit the escape key to open the command line, and type 'e filename...', a list of filenames is shown from the history, including the old obsolete filenames and misspelled filenames. I would like to reset that list so I do not have to sort through unwanted items.

D.A.

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: Clearing Command History
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 01:36:52 AM »
I have been searching for information on how to clear the command history. No success yet.

For example, I hit the escape key to open the command line, and type 'e filename...', a list of filenames is shown from the history, including the old obsolete filenames and misspelled filenames. I would like to reset that list so I do not have to sort through unwanted items.

D.A.

With slick closed, open vrestore.slk from your configuration folder in another editor.  Suppose that abcdef.xyz was the name of a file you wanted to remove from the list, search for  - e abcdef.xyz  -  then delete any lines corresponding to stuff you don't want and save vrestore.slk.

Graeme

D_Ahern

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Clearing Command History
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 01:48:21 PM »
Thanks. That worked. Not very convenient. But it worked.

D.A.